Download our new Church App
We're glad you are here!
Thanks for stopping by our website! First Baptist Church of Denver City is a place where you are always welcome and can come just as you are. We would love to meet and greet you personally some Sunday or Wednesday soon.
Pastor Kyle Streun
DATE OF PARADE AND A NIGHT IN BETHLEHEM CHANGED TO 12/15/16
Thursday Night After the Christmas Parade - Downtown Denver City
Come on out for “A Night in Bethlehem". This is a Christmas program your family will enjoy as you wander through the bustling Bethlehem marketplace and discover what life was like when Jesus was born.
Unlike your typical “living Nativity,” your kids will create unique keepsakes as they interact with local shopkeepers who share the Christmas story.
Inside the city you will find A Night in Bethlehem Marketplace where your kids and family will experience the most amazing and thought provoking Christmas journey ever as they visit the “shops” at Bethlehem.
Your journey begins at The City Gates where each child will receive a Traveler’s Tote for the keepsakes he or she collects.
Once inside the city, you will have an opportunity to visit any or all of the shops:
• Bethlehem Bakery where you’ll taste delicious bread from the time of Jesus’ birth.
• Metal Shop where your kids will create one-of-a-kind nameplates.
• Carpentry Shop where everyone gets a chance to work with wood—just like Joseph the carpenter!
• Scribe’s Tent where your kids will try their hands at writing Jesus’ name using a stylus and ink. They’ll tuck small papers with Jesus’ name.
• Pottery Shed where they’ll mold and shape their own pots.
• Painter’s Hut they will paint keepsake ornaments they’ll keep for years as a reminder of this special night.
• The Stable where families will love talking to Mary and Joseph and hearing from them about the events surrounding Jesus’ birth.
The Village Photographer will be available to take photos of your family or group before you leave.
December 15th starting after the Christmas parade.
Common Ground 217 N. Main
FREE for the entire family!!!!!